Friday, February 12, 2021

Genre and Research

I've always loved silent films since they were the only films my parents would let me view, so that was my initial love for film. My film will be mainly a drama with some thriller aspects to it. The story that I have so far is about a young man's reality coming apart by having sound introduced to him. Usually silent films are released in black & white but I decided that this film should be in color since I want to be a modern version of a silent film. 


My biggest inspiration for making this film is a scene in the "The Artist" (2011). The scene is that the main character slowly starts discovering the horrors of sound and it ends up being a dream. I can't really describe it in words but that scene is so impactful within the context of the film that I want to make a full-length inspired by that one scene alone.

Link to the scene:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_58I2YrkKdk



 

 

 


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 I hope you are having a fantastic day. I uploaded my CCR on YouTube. Thank you for being on this journey with me. The link is below: https:...