Monday, February 8, 2021

Music Marketing 2

  The research process of our presentation was fun, as in like having fun whilst learning. I discovered many things I did not know about some of my favorite artists and different marketing techniques that music artist use as well as some record companies that I have never heard of. This was the probably the slowest process since our group didn't know each other and were still figuring out what our plan for the rest of the presentation.

   Our brainstorming and planning process was when we really started to work as a group efficiently. This planning process was my favorite because as a group we were all listening to each other's ideas and furthered our progress since we all were trying to incorporate as many ideas as possible into the presentation. Our artist's name is Javan since we wanted our artist to be different and standout since it is an exotic name, we mostly took inspiration from The Weeknd's real name (Abel) since it was also an uncommon name. At first we wanted to do a darker video tackling the effects of drugs or alcohol and the effects of heartbreak but we didn't learn until the next day that we couldn't reference anything related to drug and alcohol so we had to do work our way around that. Eventually we ended agreeing to just have soda cans to represent a "substance" of some sort. 

   Before we went to go shoot our music video we all agreed that we shouldn't strictly follow the storyboard, if opportunities for interesting shots were brought forth to us then we would have to take them. Sometimes we had to wait 30 minutes just for a cloud to cover the sun to get the depressing vibe that we were trying to achieve and I'm guessing we all learned our lesson to rather film in a controlled environment. Our editor Eduardo was essential in post-production since he is the best editor and sound mixer out of all of us so we were all giving him ideas of how to make it connect. After he had finished editing the video, the rest of us asked him a bunch of questions about sound-mixing and editing since we were astonished by how amazing the final product was. Personally, I do feel like I learned more from Eduardo than I ever have from anyone else in our group.

   Some aspects of this project that will be helpful to creating my Cambridge portfolio would be the new sound lessons I learned and marketing techniques.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 I hope you are having a fantastic day. I uploaded my CCR on YouTube. Thank you for being on this journey with me. The link is below: https:...